Thursday 5 December 2013

Car Business Logo Development


For this logo, which was for the classic car industry, I did some initial research and looked into classic cars, and specifically at their logos, which have a distinctive look, simple and recognisable. They consist of a shape the name or a number mainly.



And so I did some initial sketches , using the name I had developed with my dad , Classic and Iconic Cars Limited. 


Using the sketches I liked I digitised them on illustrator. I liked the 'I' and the 'C' to make a wheel like shape.  

However the design looked too rounded and didn't look traditional/ classic. 



So I changed the 'I' to a serif. I then made it larger than the circle. And I made the 'C' only have one opening, so that is clearly a c. 



I placed the name of the company under the logo I had designed. (The C and the I) This type spans further that the serif of the I, but its not wider the width of the C and so it sits neatly in-between the two.  I used Gill Sans for the typeface, this is so the logo incurs no font usage rights, and I felt that this font (all in uppercase) was well balanced and matched the look of the logo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment