Tuesday 9 April 2013

Indesign: DPS


I had to design a DPS based on the animal Komodo Dragon. I decided to make it content for a brochure that would advertise the World Wildlife Fund Komodo Snorkelling Adventure Tour. This is aimed at nature enthusiasts and people who perhaps would like to see a Komodo dragon. Members of WWF are also generally considerate of the environment and sustainability.


 After Feedback I had been told that I should try move the subheading 'Komodo Snorkelling Adventure' and so I moved the title to in between the two images, trying to have equal gutter space between both the images.


However I moved the heading back down as I didn't like the images really separated. 


I then moved the heading to the top of the page, but again I felt that this filled too much of the space I had created on purpose.


And so I moved it further down  towards the image and I felt that this was an improvement except now it looked too close. 



 So I measured the gutter space and made the gap between the subheading and the image a bit bigger and this made the page more symmetrical.



I then felt the folio numbers looked a bit isolated  and there could be the company name next to the folio number like in a lot of brochures, and so at first I added World Wildlife Fund Tours as this is my context, however now there seemed to be a bit too much detail for the folio numbers.





And so I changed the title to its shortened name WWF. And this is my final layout. I have aligned different elements on the page to each other. 




However after revising the brief , there needed to be 500 words on the page and so I had to alter my page, here is the new final ...


I had to place the introduction at the top of the page, above the main image, it aligns to the two pieces of copy on the right page. I also added more copy to the blue box, and I made the column on the right page, longer and wider so that I could fit in the amount of copy required and so in doing this I had to make the first image on the page smaller (in width) but the two images now aligned neatly and the subheading at the top of the page aligned to this too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment