Tuesday 9 April 2013

Who Are You ?

By using the words who are and you ?
We had to portray eleven different accents around the world, chosen by the group. 


  • Scottish
  • South African
  • Italian
  • Texan
  • Mexican
  • Chinese
  • German 
  • Cockney
  • Swedish 
  • Somerset
  • Brummie

Scottish
Font: Lucida Calligraphy Italic

I imagine that in a scottish accent the are , especially the 'r' is the most emphasised. I choose capitals as the accent is quite loud/ strong anyway. I made 'who' smaller to show that it is said quite quickly.


Italian
Font: Constantia


For the Italian accent, I felt it was a softer/ quieter sound and so I put it all in lower case. Again the emphasis was on the 'r' and the the words are more pronounced towards the end of the sentence. I also think that the accent is quite flowing and so I put it into italics.

Texan
Font: Lucida Sans Typewriter



In a Texan accent I think that the first two glyphs of the words are louder/ more pronounced. I chose this font as it is wider in its leading and I think that a texan accent is more drawn out/ slower than the other accents I have had to look at.

Mexican
Font:


This accent was hard to interpret for me, I think that is very fast when spoken, this was also hard to convey through a font. I think that the 'h' is more pronounced.

Chinese
Font: Malayalam Sangam MN

The Chinese accent to me is very quick and the start of words are more emphasised than the end except for the end of the sentence. I also think the accent is sharp , but not loud and so I used lowercase letters to try to portray this.

German
Font: Haettenschweiler
I wasn't really sure on how a german accent would sound, but I think that the start of the sentence would be the loudest. It is quite and strong/ loud accent anyway and so this is represented through the heavy font.

Sommerset
Font: Lao MN

The accent is quite slowly paced, and I think that there is an emphasis again on the 'r'. I also think that the start of the sentence is louder/ more emphasised. 


South African 
Font: Franklin Gothic Book
I think that this accent is quite loud but quite fast. I also think that vowels are more prununciated, and emphasis learns more towards the start of each word.


Cockney
Font: Times New Roman


The Cockney accent is quite loud and present I have tried to show this by using capital letters. 

Swedish
Font: Geneva

I think that the start and end of the sentence would be the loudest/ more pronounced in this accent. And so I have increased the point size of these glyphs to show this.

Brummie / Birmingham
Font: Georgia


In this accent I think that the first and last word would be louder than the word in between, It is also longer sounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment