Monday 24 February 2014

Oasis: editing photographs for posters

The second thing to do was take photographs of the fruit, select and edit them in preparation for the posters. It was Melissa's job to photograph the fruit. Then I would select and edit them for the posters for the message.

These are the photographs I had chosen… 







Edited photographs…
ready for the A3 posters

As the photographs had a background, I selected them with the quick selection tool (on Photoshop) or I selected the background, which ever I had selected I then selected the inverse to delete the background. I then duplicated the layers so that there appeared to be more fruit and no background.






When I edited the photographs, I took the contrast down to make them softer. I also upped the saturation, to make the fruit brighter, and I changed the hues slightly so that they would vary in colour more and the colours would be more vibrant. As well as this I lightened the images so that they'd be just lighter and not any brighter. I also had to add extra layers of the same picture so that they looked layered and you wouldn't see the bowl behind. It really helped that the photographs where really good quality and Melissa did a good job on the photographs.

Although looking at all the photographs together, I wasn't sure whether the pears where too similar a colour to the bananas and so I made them more orange. 
This works better as part of the set.


No comments:

Post a Comment