Monday 19 May 2014

A Brief History of.. Lucid Dreaming Guide


As I knew that I was outsourcing my print, I knew that they didn't print books , and so I needed to think of a way that I could get around this issue, I did not however want to create something similar to the concertina and foldout A3 programme I had already designed and so I looked online and I also remembered that we had for a previous module created a 'hot dog book' when screen printing. And so I thought that this would be a perfect format for my own guide that I wanted to create. 

(I found this image on google and it reminded me of how to do it. ) 



And so I mocked up the booklet (starting with A3 paper) I thought that I could actually design it as A2 when it came to the actual designing. 








Front of the guide. The title is very clear of what the content of the guide is I also think it appeals to members of the audience that already know what lucid dreaming is and they may learn something they didn't already know. 




The guide reads as a a booklet to start with, the pages are numbered so that the user knows how and where to read, the pages are very minimal, and I have used the images to illustrate the text, as eel as this there is a subtle mixture of colours so that the big paragraphs don't look to monotonous to read.





This is the inside of the programme, it could also work as a poster, I am really happy with the images inside they are very clear and show a juxtaposition of west and east, I also enlarged the word 'clarity' as this is the meaning of lucid, is to be clear and have clarity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment