Thursday 8 May 2014

Special Guest Invite


I looked into how I could persuade potential special guests into coming to the event, I felt that a simple invitation would not be suffice, a special guest needs to feel considered and thought about, and I thought about a separate package for the invite. I found a twist fold on  fold factory.com I thought that it was really interesting, the way that it opened was exciting and it would make someone feel special and it makes the overall piece more considered. 

(this is the layout for a twist fold) all of the lines have to be scored the format of the paper has tone square but it works on any size paper.



  




The four corners that have the images are the ones that meet up when the paper folds. And this image will be on the front of the packaging.


This is the inside of the packaging the invite would sit in the blue square, when the invite is picked up it reveals a quote from Aristotle about dreaming. 


This is the design for the back of the packaging the image is a picture of a brain and its activity during sleep, I felt that in comparison to the image on the front this image is more scientific and an academic audience would appreciate. 


I worked out the logistics of how this would need to be folded, by using mockups I had created. And this is how the design would need to be laid out... 


As for the Invite inside I began by starting with all the content that I needed. I then began to lay it out, I found this quite difficult as I wasn't sure about how I was going to align the text. I also played with the colours and the hierarchy. 

I felt that the hierarchy should be the logo the date and the time, then that it was the opening night and then you are invited, world lucid dreaming day and lastly the body copy. 

I could not decide between the two variations below and so I decided that I would take them to a critique and ask which people preferred...    






However I did decide the back of the invite would be simple, it would contain the key dates and a summary, but also have the logo subtly in the background to reinforce the brand.

Back of Invite


No comments:

Post a Comment