Friday 16 May 2014

Event/ Exhibition Programme

I began by looking at formats for the programme, I knew that I wanted it to open out so that you could see the map, I also knew that it had to be easy to hold and carry around and so I felt that it was most appropriate to have a pocket sized guide that opened into a larger piece (A3)

Firstly I experimented with this type of fold...






I then online found a different type of fold that was similar but had a different effect ... 


When it opened you could see some of the middle and  thought that this was interesting as you would be able to see some type or image, it is also enticing and obvious for the audience to open it. 



This would be the middle.


I decided upon the first format as I felt that it was more practical and I would suit my project better.


The first print out I did had cut off the border of my image, and so you could see the white of the folds behind. 


This is the page that would open out first, after printing it I realised there where a lot of mistakes, I think that this page acts as a good introduction and it has a further explanation which is appropriate to the audience.


This is the next page, on this page is the admission prices which I based upon research I had looked into and the prices of academic conferences, I decided from creating this list that my exhibition/event would be a week long.


I also noticed that I had missed some information. But I think that I had got all the right content and I liked the way it looked. 


The programme then opens out into the section 'special guest speakers' the page is split into four columns and each column is dedicated to four special guests, their picture is followed with a brief and relevant explanation of who they are.


The inside of the mockup had printed upside down, 


The middle of the programme contained all the event information, there is a schedule of events thorough the whole week, and a map of the floor on which the exhibition would be on. 

For the map I traced over the map on the science museum website in which on their map they had 'temporary exhibition' spaces and so I thought that this would be the most realistic. Also in the programme is a 'expect to see' which gives an insight into what people might see at the exhibition, what they could experience, I felt that this information needed to go into the programme so that the audience would have a better idea of what the exhibition includes.

I also created a key similar to the one on the science map. It's simpler and I changed the shapes and colours of the icon to match my own identity.


No comments:

Post a Comment