Tuesday 20 May 2014

Rationale of Studio Brief 2

My response to studio brief 2, I think has clearly come through my very first brief for this module, and studio brief 1. I initially looked into dreams and dreaming having a strong interest in the topic I thought that exploring it in this module would be a good way for me to find out more. From research into dreaming I found how dreams are shown in popular culture in books such as the classic Alice in Wonderland, in videogames, and in films such as Inception, 2010.
This is what took me into studio brief 1; I looked into the film Inception, which I also really like. I explored the dream theme within the film and I think that I adapted all of the relevant information into an interesting set of research publications.

The film touches upon lucid dreaming and the director is supposed to be a lucid dreamer himself. I began to research into this concept and this led me into studio brief 2. I wasn’t sure about how I was going to convert the ideas of lucid dreaming into a interesting and different response, I looked firstly into film festivals thinking more along the lines of showing Inception, the idea of festivals took me into events and a peer mentioned the idea of a conference, the more I looked into the topic and looked at what others had done it inspired me to make an event/ exhibition based upon lucid dreaming and this would allow me to create a range of printed deliverables that suit my interests within graphic design, also after a critique it was suggested I should host the event within the Science Museum in London, and this really drove the brief, I had also from this found a main target audience which was adults, academics and aspiring academics, male and female. I aimed for the piece to be scientific and based more upon fact rather than fantasy; I think that I showed this through the content and the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment