Sunday 26 January 2014

Interim Evaluation

So far during this module I have my main individual brief selected, and I am well on my way to having it completed. At first I found it difficult to choose a brief to work with, there was a lot of choice and I didn't feel completely confident in which area of graphic design I wanted to explore, when looking through the choice of briefs I found it hard to translate them into simplified and succinct briefs that I would be able to follow easily, I also found it difficult to think of the end product. 

We where told to select some briefs, and then single this down to one, from this I chose the Body Shop which was a D&AD brief. I read through it and thought I knew what I was doing, however the further in I got wight he brief the more I realised there was to think about and produce. I hadn't really considered the supporting deliverables such as a campaign poster and a online or interactive element. 

My progress on this brief had been slow to begin with, I think this may be because I felt I had a lot of time, and I was slightly put off by the other elements. however at this point I have the four posters and a social campaign, however I still do not have an interactive element. Moving forwards from this point I really need to think about this and come up with a response quickly so that I can move onto other briefs, as so far I have only done two live briefs and thought about another competition brief. 

I feel now though that I can start to really get into this module and start to answer more competition briefs, once I have completed Body Shop. 

I would say that I don't think I entirely selected the most appropriate brief for me , but I am looking forward to the collaborative brief and I will try to ensure I select a brief I am enthusiastic about.

No comments:

Post a Comment