Tuesday 14 January 2014

Not Just Fleurons- Print (Back of House)

I knew that the office of orbotany would need a company letterhead, an envelope, and an invoice. 

I made a basic layout and I wanted to portray the feeling of round, like a lot of the other printed materials. And so I designed this, knowing that all the important and necessary information goes on the right. 

I initially made the circle quite bold, but this is really obvious and didn't fit in with the style. And so I made the circle finer.



And so I used this layout to create my invoice, in which I added a grid and a bar which makes the table obvious as well as highlighting the total cost in a green box with white copy.

As well as this I made an envelope for the letterhead, I made the envelope big enough so that the letter would fit in when folded in half, this is easier and quicker to do than a normal envelope setup. 

For the envelope, I stayed with the right alignment style of the letterhead and invoice, I also decided I wanted the logo to continue to the back of the envelope this is so that you want to turn over.



Back of the envelope, In which I made the tab green and white as the envelope was already quite white and it just breaks up the components of the envelope, its also inviting to open.



The staff also need a uniform to wear in the shop so that they can be distinguished as staff,   I decided that the uniform would be more casual and practical as the staff would be handling plants. And so I decided that a green polo shirt would be the most appropriate, a polo shirt is durable and the green colour would be less dirty looking than white if they where to get soil on them. 

As well as this the shop needed a delivery van for the online side of things. The van would deliver plants to peoples homes etc. I chose a small van as I felt that there would not be a mass of orders and a smaller van is more ecological and cheaper to run.  

And the plants would be put into their individual packs and placed inside a cardboard box with dividers the boxes could come in two's, four's, sixes and even eights , and this would also contain the customers delivery information. In the fan a piece of card would be placed on top  of the box so that another box could be placed on top. This cardboard slot would also contain holes that allow the plants to breathe.



No comments:

Post a Comment