Tuesday 18 March 2014

Research Publication - Making

I had my publications digitally printed, they where on 4 A2 separate sheets as they where too long to go onto A3, so with a scalpel I cut and scored them all, and trimmed with the guillotine, I think I achieved quite a precise cut and I didn't cut off anything.

4 separate prints, folded...



I then had to add slits to the larger book and feed the smaller one through, this was quite difficult as the paper was quite stiff. 

Assembled books...




I also had one cut out slot that worked and this was the hall scene, I think it works well and the cut is quite precise. 



Front Covers

I chose the best foil that I had done, 


I then measured this out against the book which was quite tricky, I then had to cut down the middle. 


Books inside the packaging...



This is how the whole publication and packaging is presented… 
So you can see the made through the hole which is intriguing and invited the audience to read. 




This was all in preparation for the final crit.



No comments:

Post a Comment