Friday 14 March 2014

Sky Deck- Logo Development


So I found a font that I liked, I felt that this was appropriate, as it is adult looking, and modern/ sophisticated. It also has no reference to male of female.

I then experimented with how I could indicate the words where different and represent their meanings more visually and obviously. 


I then changed the type so that the word 'sky' was above 'deck', as if it is above like it is in the 'sky'.

I then added an underline to almost give the word sky a platform or - a deck. I also experimented with the weight of the line and the type , I didn't want to look like a divide or a fraction.

I found that this design balanced the best, and it made the words look like they are meant to be together. The underline I feel makes the design look important and signifies a deck. 

However I took this further as I felt that the logo didn't represent the idea of a bar too well , and so I changed the 'Y' which looks like a cocktail glass into a cocktail glass, I did this simply like the type of the logo. 

I then changed the colour of the logo to the brief specifications and placed it onto their image that they had supplied, to show how it would work. 


I liked this logo , and especially more than the first I had done for the previous competition. I like the 'Y' in this logo and the use of the underline, I think that it does represent and show a sky deck (bar). And it is also appropriate for the target audience.




No comments:

Post a Comment