Thursday 3 April 2014

BodyShop Further Development

So  I had made the posters and I now needed to make an interactive element to the campaign, I needed something sociable as my campaign was also aimed against negative views the media portray of womens body image. 

I began by looking at the Body Shop website. 




And so I devised an online survey in which the audience would write a short paragraph on what their favourite product or products are and why they enhanced who they where. This would be titled, 'who are you' which is a turn around of the initial campaign You Are… 

I used all the background elements of the four posters to create a background, this then represents the four products, and so it is all integrated.



Online ad/survey, on the website, a white box a cursor prompts the user to type.  


The ad would also be available on the iPhone, and would come up full screen. The ad contains a small box which is where the user could type in their comments.

They would also be able to click on a link that enables them to 10% off in store, that could be printed out, or shown in store using the code on screen. 



To make the audience aware of this I thought that fliers would be appropriate, as they would alert the audience to the online survey. 

I chose to use the words from the posters to ask the question who are you ? As well as this a qr code is there so that the user can scan it on their phone and it would come straight up. 


Print out voucher...



However after reflection I felt that this wasn't very sociable or interactive. And it seemed a little dated and it wasn't that useful to Body Shop. 

And so I rethought the campaign. And decided that the audience could be a bigger part of the campaign as it is about them. Therefore I went more towards social media. 

Using #iam followed by the product name, e.g. #iambodybutter and they would tweet a comment about the product they love and why it was so good, how it makes them feel etc


As well as this I changed the ad on the website. It is much more fitting to the campaign and  I kept the same background as before but instead I made the box a bright pink which I thought would attract the female consumer. And in-keeping with the other five posters I used white type. I enlarged the word 'You' as I felt that this was one of the key points of the whole campaign, its about the person looking, its about them. I thought that this may also capture the attention of the user as its a direct word it addresses the reader personally. The second largest thing on the page is 'win a years supply' this would also attract the attention of the audience. The next thing I wanted the audience to notice was the social media icons. I placed them at the bottom but central like the main copy. I think that they are noticeable and it would appeal to the more online/social savvy customer. After that is the hashtag and the twitter name, which is also visible on all the five posters and so this connects the whole campaign together. 



I tried to put the window in context, I think it matches with the Body Shop aesthetic yet it looks slightly different and it stands out on the busy page.



I wanted to show an instance of how the social aspect of the campaign would work. And so I felt that I knew the most about Instagram and I felt that this would be the easiest way to show how it would work. And so I began to mock up an Instagram post. However I could not get an actual Instagram post to mock onto and so I drew my own. I used the space of an iPad I was mocking it up onto. I hadn't really had experience in using mockups before. And this was the first brief I'd ever really tried to do this for. I found it quite difficult, and a lot of the mockups are too small or too big. However I found this one and I used it. I faked the look of Instagram by following its layout and the colours, even the icons and the hashtags. I found this picture which I thought would work really well as a proposed post. This post is meant to be a woman who has just put on her new colour crush lipstick, she has taken a selfie, and then used the hashtag '#iamcolourcrush and tagged the body shop in her post, this would mean a team member of the body shop would see this and enter her name into a prize draw. 




(on an iPad interface)



And so for my online aspect of the campaign I had the online ad, and then the fake post on Instagram, but the message also stressed for the audience to post on twitter and Facebook as well. I felt that the campaign made sense and that now with a new-ish culture of 'selfies' the online social side of the campaign would actually be successful. As well as this lots of people like competitions, and many would be interested in winning Body Shop products.



When I put this onto my boards I also added a flier, the flier could be handed out in store, or around the area of the store and this may intrigue new customers to come to store or to join in online.


Other Board Development...

I felt my boards where nearly ready, I had to complete them all to look through them. 

At first the boards had a big bit of copy. 


I increased the leading of the type and this made it more readable. 


I felt that I had a minimal and clean layout for my boards, the type worked well and added to the overall look of the actual work and the presentation of the boards themselves.I went for a portrait orientation to try something different, and my posters where all portrait and so it made more sense to be this orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment