Wednesday 9 April 2014

Project Report Development

Front Cover

I began my front cover my making a rectangle, the format of the piece I decided would be A4 as it is a digital document I felt this would be one of the most readable formats. 

And so I made a rectangle, 




I wanted all the type to align to both edges of the bow and so I changed the tracking and kerning of the words/letters. I wanted it to align like this as I could place it anywhere on the
cover.

I also made my rectangle longer and orange, I chose orange as I know that it can symbolise creativity as well as this it is warm.














I changed my mind on the colour orange as I had already made a publication this year with orange and black as the front cover, and so I chose to use one of my favourite colours at this time which is a bright lime-yellow. It is an interesting colour and its bright and attractive it also works well with black and white.






Spreads

I began by experimenting with the layout of my publication, I decided that I should design the layout first as I could make it uniform, to make sure the book was consistent. And then I could insert the type.

I began with putting the client/title of the brief in the top left , and then the same in a smaller size central at the bottom so you would also be able to recognise which brief you where looking at.


Page numbers where placed in lime-yellow in the bottom corners of each page, on the outside margin, like an ordinary book would, I felt that this was the most appropriate place to put these as it is the most recognisable, and therefore would improve organisation and coherence of a lot of separate work/briefs. 

I also placed in the work, I decided that the work should be showcased on pages with no titles as there is more room and it means the images are the focus. 





Like the page numbers I decided that I should number the projects in a similar way, I felt by numbering the briefs it would separate them visually, it also shows the amount I have done and it makes it really obvious to the reader which project they are on and that it is different.






















After looking at the spreads with the type I realised that the two lines didn't need to be as long as they where, and they looked odd going across the gutter, it broke up the space


And so I decided to make them both shorter and this made the page more pleasing to look at there was no unnecessary break between the gutter, and everything now aligned. 





I also decided to include my summary in my project report, I felt that it would be a good way to end the report by looking at everything as a whole, and it concludes the piece instead of just ending on my collaborative brief. 





No comments:

Post a Comment