Sunday 27 April 2014

Jackson Rising Part 3

As an additional task we had to go away and produce a different medium for the exhibition information, for this I decided to do a ticket, I've not really worked with tickets , but for a separate upcoming brief I know I will be producing my own ticket for an event and so I could use this task as practice for this. 

I decided to keep a similar look/ style for the ticket as I had done for the flyer and brochure,  I wanted them all to work together as if they where actually part of a set. 

To keep coherence I added the same off-white box to my ticket, as well as this I used the same logo, and the same typeface. 

As for the information on the ticket I was unsure what information would be needed on the ticket and so I searched exhibition tickets, I found one from the Tate and I felt that this information would probably be the most like a ticket for the MoMa. And so I picked out information from the ticket to use on my own. I used some content from my flyer and brochure and I also made up my own. 

I set the date of the ticket to be the opening night (3/8/14) which is a sunday, and so I stated on the ticket that the visitor has to arrive 30 minutes before opening as it would be opening night and they would want everyone to be their a little earlier. 

I also looked on the MoMa website at how much normal admission is and I found it was $25 for adults and so I used this information on my ticket. 

http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/tickets/2015/02/01


I also added the barcode and perforation to the ticket just as a ticket would usually have to admit visitors. 

I am happy with the range of mediums I produced for this task and I was surprised at how fast I could produce them. I also think that all three are coherent and I like the style I had produced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment