Thursday 3 April 2014

Classic & Iconic Cars Fliers


When I created the logo, I was also asked to create something that could be used to promote the business. And so I created some fliers, that where to be handed out at motor trade shows, where the clientele would be the ones the business wanted/ needed to attracts. 

Using the photographs I had taken previously as research I used them as the images for my fliers. 

The first flier I really liked the angle of the photograph, the shape of the car is obvious from the image, and you can see that this car has been made with quality, and it is a luxury car, the style of the backlight also would show other people with a similar knowledge or interest that this car is a classic. 
I made the images black and white, to fit in with the identity of the brand, and again this suggests vintage. 

The information I placed on the flier, is the information from the business cards. I felt that this information said everything it needed to. The information didn't need to be over sold, its more about sophistication. I placed all of the information in the darkest place of the image and the logo is the main focal point of the flier. 


I created this second flier so that there would be two variations of fliers. People may respond to one or the other. As well as this different images means theres more chance of capturing someones attention without being too loud. 

Both camera angles are similar and so the fliers are coherent in this way as well as this all the type is in the lower half of the flier and all aligned in the same way except one is to the left and left aligned, and this is rot the right and right aligned. 

This image shows that this car needs restoring, it implies that the cars can be in this state and they are still repairable, this shows that the garage can do this kind of complex work. 


I really liked these fliers, I feel that I got to work with my favourite design elements, photographs, type and layout. I also liked the topic of the work, and if permits I would probably like to do more products for this, such as a type of brochure, or a start to finish publication that could be shown to clients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment